alleged

Real Salt Lake’s Sam Johnson suspended after alleged shooting at his party

Real Salt Lake forward Sam Johnson was suspended from the team and prohibited from all activities after a shooting took place at a party at his home earlier this month, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

Johnson, 27, is in his second year with RSL. He was the second-leading scorer on the team last season with nine goals, his first in MLS.

The league is currently investigating the incident. 

“The team and league are aware of the incident and are currently conducting an investigation,” RSL said in a statement, via the Salt Lake Tribune. “In accordance with health and safety protocols, the player is prohibited from engaging in any team-related activity. We will have no further comment until the conclusion of the League’s investigation.”

Johnson allegedly throws house party amid COVID-19

Despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which is trending up across the country, Johnson allegedly threw a house party at his Salt Lake City-area home that about 100 people attended on Oct. 3. Utah has banned gatherings of more than 50 people due to the pandemic.

Per the report, a gunshot was fired early on Oct. 4 that caused “partygoers to scatter.” Johnson wasn’t believed to have been at his home at the time of the gunshot. 

A man with a gunshot wound then showed up to a local hospital hours later with a non-life-threatening injury. The man said he was shot elsewhere and wasn’t cooperative with police about the incident, per the report.

It’s not clear who fired the shot or why.

Johnson is in the second year of his two-year deal with Real Salt Lake. He has scored one goal in 330 minutes so far this season. 

Real Salt Lake forward Sam Johnson
Despite the ongoing pandemic, Sam Johnson allegedly threw a massive house party earlier this month. (Fred Kfoury III/Icon Sportswire/Getty Images)

More

Court asks ex-interior minister about PML-N’s alleged links with TTP – Newspaper

PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court has sought comments from former interior minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan about a petition, which alleged that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz had links with the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and paid money to its chief, Hakeemullah Mehsud, in 2012.

A bench consisting of Chief Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth and Justice Mohammad Nasir Mehfooz also issued notices to the federal and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa governments seeking their replies to the petition on Oct 20 and adjourned the hearing into the petition of freelance journalist Shahid Orakzai until then.

The court observed that as the petitioner alleged that payment to the TTP was made in KP, it would be appropriate to issue a notice to the provincial government as well about it.

The petitioner has requested the high court to ask the government to take legal action against the PML-N leaders, who allegedly paid money to the TTP chief, and investigate the imprisoned associates of Hakeemullah Mehsud over the matter.

He claimed that former spokesperson for TTP Ehsanullah Ehsan was not only a witness to the political and financial links of those politicians with the TTP but he also had developed differences with the TTP leaders over that money.

Notices also issued to govt over petition about terror outfit funding

Mr Orakzai alleged that former interior minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan was fully aware of the 2012 funding in question.

He promised to produce the ‘pictorial evidence’ of the funding in the court during hearing of the case.

The petitioner claimed that the payment of that money had helped influence the 2013 general elections in favour of the PML-N.

He requested the court to decide the petition before any move is made in the National Assembly for the vote of no-confidence against the prime minister.

The respondents in the

House votes to condemn alleged hysterectomies on migrant women

The House adopted a resolution on Friday to formally condemn the alleged forced medical procedures, including hysterectomies, on migrant women detained at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility in Georgia.

The resolution, which passed 232-157, with 4 lawmakers voting “present,” condemns “performing unwanted, unnecessary medical procedures on individuals without their full, informed consent” and calls for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to comply with investigations into the Irwin County Detention Center in Ocilla, Ga. 

Seven Republicans voted with Democrats in support of the resolution, while Rep. Daniel LipinskiDaniel William LipinskiFive things we learned from this year’s primaries Hispanic Caucus campaign arm endorses slate of non-Hispanic candidates Bottom line MORE (D-Ill.) and Libertarian Rep. Justin AmashJustin AmashPresident Trump, Melania Trump test positive for COVID-19 The Hill’s Morning Report – Sponsored by JobsOhio – Trump’s tax return bombshell Ron Paul hospitalized in Texas MORE (Mich.) voted “present.”

A whistleblower complaint filed by a nurse at the detention center reported “jarring medical neglect” and alleged “high rates of hysterectomies done to immigrant women.” It also alleged that ICE did not test migrants who had been exposed to COVID-19 or had symptoms.

DHS opened an investigation into the allegations last month. 

“This is about full or partial sterilization and a total lack of consent from the patient,” Rep. Pramila JayapalPramila JayapalTrump proposes capping refugee admissions at 15,000 in historic low ‘One more serious try’ on COVID-19 relief yields progress but no deal Hillicon Valley: Subpoenas for Facebook, Google and Twitter on the cards | Wray rebuffs mail-in voting conspiracies | Reps. raise mass surveillance concerns MORE (D-Wash.), the author of the resolution, said during House floor debate.

Jayapal noted that 10 lawmakers visited the detention facility last weekend and spoke directly to women who had been impacted.

“We saw

Boston police investigating alleged attempted rape in Public Garden

Boston police are investigating after a man allegedly attempted to sexually assault a woman as she walked in the Public Garden Monday morning, the department said.

Officers assigned to the sex assault unit responded around 6 a.m. to the park for a report of “an assault with attempt to rape,” the department said in a statement.

A woman told police that the man put his hand over her mouth, “while making sexually explicit threats and attempting to remove an article of clothing,” according to the statement.

The woman was able to free herself and run to safety, police said.

The suspect is described as a Black male, in his 20s or 30s, who has a slim to medium bill and short dreadlocks, the statement said.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police detectives at 617-343-4400.

Source Article