briefing

Trump’s Doctor’s Briefing Raises More Questions COVID-19 Diagnosis

During a press conference Saturday from Walter Reed National Military Center, where President Donald Trump was admitted Friday, White House physician Sean Conley said he and his medical team are “extremely happy with the progress” Trump has made since he announced he tested positive for COVID-19 early Friday morning.

However, some of the information provided at the briefing raised even more questions about the state of the President’s health and the timeline of his illness.

Conley said that the President had “a mild cough and some nasal congestion and fatigue” on Thursday, “all of which are now resolving and improving.” The President had a fever Thursday into Friday, but has been fever-free since Friday morning, he said.

Dr. Sean Dooley, another member of the President’s medical team, said the team is also monitoring President Trump’s cardiac function, kidney function and liver function, all of which are currently healthy. He added that the president is in “exceptionally good spirits” and told the team that he felt like he “could walk out of here today.” When asked about the President’s risk factors, Conley said that Trump is a 74-year old man who is “slightly overweight,” which puts him at a greater risk of complications from the virus. But Conley said both the President’s cholesterol and blood pressure are healthy.

However, shortly after the conference ended, the White House press pool received a much more alarming statement from a source familiar with the President’s health. “The President’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care,” the statement said. “We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”

Conley also said the President is currently not on supplemental oxygen, and is not currently having difficulty breathing or

‘This is a White House briefing. You ask a question, and you give me time to answer’

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany slammed a reporter for interrupting her during a press conference.

“You need to let me finish,” McEnany told CBS White House correspondent Paula Reid on Thursday. “It’s quite funny that the media goes haywire about interrupting in debates and then chooses to pursue that very same tactic themselves.”

“This is a White House briefing,” she said. “You ask a question, and you give me time to answer.”

The exchange came about when Reid had asked McEnany: “The FBI And the Department of Homeland Security say that racially motivated violent extremism is one of the deadliest threats that we face in the U.S. Does the White House agree with that assessment, and what is it doing to combat this threat?”

“The president has done quite a bit to combat this threat. First of all, last week, he also, in addition to saying he wants to prosecute the KKK as domestic terrorists, he said that lynching should be a national hate crime. Again, I think there is no stronger signal that you can send than advocating for the execution of a white supremacist — the first time there’s been a federal execution in 17 years,” McEnany responded.

Reid then said that “his record is very mixed.”

The exchange comes after many within the media and liberal commentators denounced President Trump’s debate performance for interrupting Democratic nominee Joe Biden and moderator Chris Wallace.

Overall, the debate was panned as a dumpster fire and similar descriptions from those on both sides of the aisle.

“That was a shit show,” CNN host Dana Bash said live on air.

Journalists and commentators from Fox News slammed the night as one where Wallace lost control as moderator.

“Why is @JoeBiden allowed to interrupt? @realDonaldTrump is not,” Fox & Friends host Kilmeade