Table of Contents
- 1 Poll
- 2 Poll
- 2.1 Who should the Ravens draft at No. 14?
- 22.214.171.124 53%
- 126.96.36.199 DT Jordan Davis
- 188.8.131.52 7%
- 184.108.40.206 DT Devonte Wyatt
- 220.127.116.11 5%
- 18.104.22.168 WR Drake London
- 22.214.171.124 4%
- 126.96.36.199 WR Garrett Wilson
- 188.8.131.52 2%
- 184.108.40.206 WR Jameson Williams
- 220.127.116.11 7%
- 18.104.22.168 DE George Karlaftis
- 22.214.171.124 4%
- 126.96.36.199 OT Trevor Penning
- 188.8.131.52 3%
- 184.108.40.206 C Tyler Linderbaum
- 220.127.116.11 4%
- 18.104.22.168 CB Andrew Booth Jr.
- 2.1 Who should the Ravens draft at No. 14?
I’m not sure about you but whenever I think of the Baltimore Ravens the first thing I think of is defense. Some of the all time greats like Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Haloti Ngata might immediately come to mind. Jordan Davis could be the next person added to that list.
Let’s start out with what stands out first and foremost about Davis: he’s a grown ass man. He stands at 6’6”, 341 lbs which is already larger than most defensive linemen. This size shows in the film as well. The one thing that I’ve seen on pretty much every scouting report on Davis is that it is practically impossible to single guard him. He has a very solid anchor, and when you couple that with his pure size you cannot move him out of the way. Add in his extremely strong and violent hands and he immediately becomes a lineman’s nightmare. Every down he is on the field is one where you will have to be aware of him and gameplan around him.
For such a large figure you might expect him to be slow but this is far from the reality. He ran a 4.78 40 time at the Combine and for a DT of his size plays with great speed. I wouldn’t quite call it explosiveness, but his speed just makes his power stand out even more. He also has more lateral mobility than expected for his size and shows great athleticism for a DT.
His size and speed combination has resulted in him being the best run defender in the draft. Try and double team him and he still makes plays against the run. He is so dominant in the run that it will force teams to change how they gameplan the offense and go away from the run entirely.
The last thing that stands out to me is his versatility. While I think his best position would probably be a 3-tech in a 4-3, he is versatile enough to play both in a 4-3 and a 3-4 as a 3-tech, 1-tech, and nose tackle. That opens up a lot of options for DCs in terms of personnel.
As much as I love Davis as a prospect I would be remiss if I didn’t give some negatives. He doesn’t play with great leverage and is very upright. While he’s quick, his first step isn’t. Both of these combine to result in a player who is not that effective right now against the pass. I’m not sure how much of this is coachable but should he be able to learn to play with better leverage I think his pass rush improves immediately.
In the end, Jordan Davis is a freakish mountain of a man whose run stuffing ability will translate immediately to the NFL. Baltimore drafting Davis takes a pretty damn good run unit and turns them into the best running defense in the league. To me he’s a hybrid of Vince Wilfork and Haloti Ngata and will terrorize interior linemen in the league for years. He is the best player still available on the board at a major position of need for the Ravens. This is a no-brainer.
Do you approve of this pick?
2022 BGN Mock Draft Order
1) Jaguars (HellBentOnHurts): DE Aidan Hutchinson
2) Lions (Friendly Neighborhood Philly Fan): DE Travon Walker
3) Texans (herbalonius): OT Evan Neal
4) Jets (RideHighTide): OT Ikem Ekwonu
5) Giants (Brendanekstrom): CB Ahmad Gardner
6) Panthers (Philliesandthebees): QB Kenny Pickett
7) Giants (Dr.MidnightGreen): DE Kayvon Thibodeaux
8) Falcons (Philly21): QB Malik Willis
9) Seahawks (chewy wellington) QB Matt Corral
10) Jets (tfrank9811): S Kyle Hamilton
11) Commanders (Negadelphia Norm): CB Derek Stingley Jr.
12) Vikings (Kephas): CB Trent McDuffie
13) Texans (Bdawk20rules): WR Drake London
14) Ravens (ablesser88): DT Jordan Davis
15) Eagles (Fly Like An Eagle)
16) Saints (20Safety_Hazard)
17) Chargers (LBCeaglesFan!)
18) Eagles (Phoenix X Minimus)
19) Saints (Georgia_eagle)
20) Steelers (EagleDomiNation)
21) Patriots (Domonate)
22) Packers (Leo Bedio)
23) Cardinals (big DUB)
24) Cowboys (joey2arms)
25) Bills (ItownBallers22)
26) Titans (BrianMcE03)
27) Buccaneers (4133Dave)
28) Packers (The Player Formerly Known as Mousecop)
29) Chiefs (GreenGrampa)
30) Chiefs (Legend of Nick Foles)
31) Bengals (Thedeuce9)
32) Lions (Dtechman44)
Now it’s time for you to vote for who YOU think should be selected next in the 2022 BGN Community Consensus Mock Draft.
Who should the Ravens draft at No. 14?
DT Jordan Davis
DT Devonte Wyatt
WR Drake London
WR Garrett Wilson
WR Jameson Williams
DE George Karlaftis
OT Trevor Penning
C Tyler Linderbaum
CB Andrew Booth Jr.
142 votes total
1) Jaguars: DE Aidan Hutchinson
2) Lions: DE Kayvon Thibodeaux
3) Texans: OT Evan Neal
4) Jets: OT Ikem Ekwonu
5) Giants: OT Charles Cross
6) Panthers: QB Malik Willis
7) Giants: CB Ahmad Gardner
8) Falcons: QB Kenny Pickett
9) Seahawks: S Kyle Hamilton
10) Jets: DE Travon Walker
11) Commanders: CB Derek Stingley Jr.
12) Vikings: CB Trent McDuffie
13) Texans: DE Jermaine Johnson