CLOSE

The Commission on Presidential Debates cancels the second presidential debate planned for Miami, following President Trump’s refusal to take part in a virtual format.

USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump claimed Sunday he no longer has COVID-19 even though the White House refuses to say whether he has tested negative for the disease.

Just hours after his physician issued a memo saying he is no longer “a transmission risk” to others, Trump said in an interview on Fox News that he no longer has the disease and suggested he is now immune to the coronavirus.

Trump did not say in that interview whether he has tested negative for COVID-19. The memo issued late Saturday by his physician, Dr. Sean Conley, didn’t address that issue either. 

Later Sunday, in an audio message to supporters, Trump claimed he has tested “totally negative” for COVID-19, going beyond the public memos released from his doctors.

Trump, who was hospitalized for three days last week at Walter Reed Military Medical Center for treatment for COVID-19, said during a telephone interview with Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures” that he feels great and that he is not taking any medications for the disease.

“The president is in very good shape,” he said.

‘I’m feeling great’: Trump delivers White House remarks in first public event since testing positive for COVID-19

Trump suggested he is now immune from the coronavirus and that he has “a protective glow” from the virus that has killed nearly 215,000 Americans.

Medical experts say people who get COVID-19 generally develop antibodies that might protect them from a second infection, although there’s no guarantee of how long that protection